With humble beginnings in a Potomac Street fire hall in 1883, to a store room near Market House in 1884, the congregation grew, moving into a chapel on East Washington Street in 1884. By 1893, 120 people were worshipping together regularly. In 1897, a new brick church was built at the current location. An educational wing with a social hall and stage was added in 1930. The church was remodeled in 1977.
In June 2014, the church welcomed co-pastors Tim and Audrey Hollenberg-Duffey, who held close ties to former and current members and an interim pastor. They host two worship services each Sunday, Contemporary Worship at 9 am and Traditional Worship at 11 am with Sunday School for all ages at 9:45.
Use the links on the right for more information and check our our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hagerstowncob/.