The Hagerstown Church of the Brethren offers a variety of Sunday School classes for all ages. Sunday School classes meet between the two morning worship services, startings at 9:45 am.
- Nursery - Room #200: Nursery age children can be dropped off during the Sunday School hour. During the late worship service, an attended cry room is available in the balcony above the sanctuary wing.
- Pre-K- Kindergarten - Room #204: The Pre-K-Kindergarten room on the 2nd floor is filled with toys and materials for creative activities. Bible Stories are simplified and applied for young minds with the Shine Curriculum.
- Elementary (Grades 2-5) - Room #308: Elementary school children also use the Shine Curriculum to learn, memorize, and embody scripture. Elementary children meet in room #308 on the third floor.
- Grades 6-12 - Room #301: Middle and High School youth have been studying the “Generation Why” curriculum from Brethren Press. This curriculum tackles a variety of topics, including biblical studies, theology and pop culture. Each theme is 5-6 weeks long and encourages the youth to dive into scripture to help them discern God’s will for their life. The youth will also occasionally deviate from “Generation Why” for seasonal topics. This class meets in The Attic.
- Christian Lifestyles - Room #305: This class is scripture-based and mainly uses the Church of the Brethren “Covenant Bible Studies” written by Brethren authors for people committed to living authentic Christian lives.
Each 10-session study encourages reflection, prayer, and learning together. These studies are designed to help grow in knowledge and understanding as class members challenge one another to live out the practical aspects of Christian faith. This class participates in lively discussions with members sharing personal stories. A class committee recommends study topics and fellowship opportunities.
Several times a year, the class meets after church for dinner, and they gather annually for a Christmas party. On the first Sunday of each month, they take up an offering to help the various ministries of the church.
Attendance is normally between 15-18 but is open to all adults. They gather around 9:30-9:45 for announcements and discussions about any needs that may arise.
- Contemporary Christian Conversations - Altruistic Room (off the back of the Fellowship Hall): This class mingles after Sunday @ 9 Worship before beginning class at 10 am. The class is led by Pastor Tim, who, in conjunction with the class, selects timely spiritual themes to discuss as a group over a period of weeks. Previous themes included Biblical Hospitality, Half Truth, and Biblical Literacy. The class especially welcomes anyone new to the church or to the Sunday School program to join them for their relaxed and relational class.
- Ordinary People Class - Room #302: The inspiration for this class name came from a sermon by former pastor, Guy Wampler, who looked at how God chooses ordinary people to do His work. They follow A Guide for Biblical Studies written by Church of the Brethren member. This class is taught by Ed Brewer and Janet Goller.